Ladco - About US

About Us

Home / About Us

Ladco Company Limited is a name Winnipeg has trusted for nearly 100 years.

Ladco was founded in 1919 by John Henry Borger. Today it is a diversified corporation with interests in land development, commercial and residential real estate, property management , heavy construction and building products (Borland Construction Inc.) and hospitality (Birchwood Inn Inc.). Ladco is privately owned, conservatively financed, professionally managed, community-minded and employs over 600 Manitobans.

Who We Are

Since the 1950’s Ladco has been a pioneer in the land development business having developed a number of master planned communities, including Windsor Park (the first master-planned community in Winnipeg), Southdale (the first community in Winnipeg to feature man-made lakes), Royalwood (the introduction of wetlands concept and the preservation of more than 100 acres of boreal forest along the Seine River), and South Pointe (Ladco’s first community in Waverley West). Ladco has created many other communities on its own or through joint ventures including Fort Richmond, Richmond West, Devos Road, Garden Grove, St. Michael’s Road, and the St. Charles Golf Course Lands.
Ladco has developed and Lakewood Agencies manages over 1,650 multi-family units. The developments include Birchwood Terrace, Baylor Place (affordable housing initiative), Groverhills Apartments, Killarney Gardens, 2600/10 Portage Avenue, Richmond Town Homes, Richmond Village, , Tudor Village, Vermillion Park, Weatherstone Place, Wickham Place, Willowlake Gardens, Willowlake Condos, Thompson Town Homes.

For rental inquiries please call 204-982-5959.

Ladco has developed and Lakewood Agencies manages a number of significant commercial projects totalling over three-quarters of a million square feet of commercial space. In addition Ladco has a number of commercial lands for lease. The centres managed include Southdale Market, Lakewood Plaza, Southdale Square, Fort Richmond Plaza, Fort Richmond Square, Richmond West Plaza, and future commercial in South Pointe. Tenants include Co-op Foods, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s, Giant Tiger, Burger King, Mississippi Jacks, MLCC, Rainbow Day Nursery (LEED Silver Building) and many others.

For leasing inquiries please call 204-982-5959.

Borland Construction Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladco Company Limited, and is one of Manitoba’s oldest and largest contractors. Borland has years of experience with design and construction of a wide range of infrastructure projects. Borland has successfully completed various projects for public and private clients, including proponents of P3, Design-Build and other non-conventional project delivery models.
Birchwood Inn Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladco and owns and operates the Holiday Inn Airport West, a 226 room, 4-star hotel in Winnipeg’s west end. The Holiday Inn Airport West consistently ranks as one of the best Holiday Inn’s in Canada, and has recently completed an extensive remodelling of all rooms and public areas.

The Holiday Inn can be reached at www.ywgwest.com/ .

Our History

  • 2015
    First lot sales in Prairie Pointe .
  • 2014
    Ladco begins development of Prairie Pointe. Approximately 640 acre planned community .
  • 2008
    Construction of South Pointe begins, approximately 460 acre planned community
  • 2003
    Construction of Royalwood Phase II begins, approximately 306 acre planned community joint ventured with MHRC, featuring the preservation of nearly 100 acres of Boreal Forest, and a new wetlands concept
  • 1992
    Construction of Royalwood Phase I begins, approximately 181 acre planned community joint ventured with MHRC
  • 1970's
    Construction of Richmond West
  • 1960’s
    Construction of Southdale, first community in Winnipeg to feature man-made lakes
  • 1960’s
    Construction of Fort Richmond, joint ventured with the RM of Fort Garry
  • 1950's
    Construction of Windsor Park, first master planned community in Winnipeg
  • 1950
    Ladco Company Limited enters the land development business
  • 1919
    The family owned and operated business was founded.